Thursday, April 26, 2007

Take Your Daughter to Work Day!

Today is the 15th annual Take Our Daughter to Work Day!
Check out this great organization here !
The organization has added a Take Our Sons to Work Day component as well. Looks like the boys got jealous!

When I was a mere grade schooler with an American Girl magazine influenced "GIRLS RULE" mindset, I looked forward to this day like no other. Each year, my sister and I would skip school t accompany my aunt, a buyer for Victoria's Secret catalogue to her company's headquarters in NYC for a day of professional fun! We would meet models, see a fashion show and eat lunch with the corporation's CEO! One year I even won a contest by predicting which bathing suits would be best sellers! The women told me that maybe I had a future career as a fashion buyer!
Ladies, you can do anything if you put your mind to it was the message of the day. The powerful feeling I experienced each Take Your Daughter to Work Day continue to inspire me as I embark on the very beginning stages of my becoming a working woman myself.

No comments:

Blog Archive

The Communal Closet