Wednesday, November 29, 2006

In hindsight, the theme is Eastern Europe

I'm so tired of hearing people speculate over celebrities' eating habits and twig-like extremities and affinity for trailer-park drugs. I feel like they're children almost: you can't pay attention to them when they act out. It's totally the way I deal with the kids I babysit for; if they freak out and cry I tell them they can just go to their room and do it. Although I gotta say, I did like Sienna's Marchesa dress. I don't hate Marchesa clothes, but they definitely don't deserve the hype they get. Does anything? Let's see. Here are some interesting cultural events I am dying to go to, and if anyone else is interested, then COME ON, let's GO!

1. Spring Awakening: This is some play from Eastern Europe in the 19th century about kids and their reckless sex lives at the turn of the century in Prague (I think). Anyway, Duncan Sheik (oh yes, you remember the 90s pop hit, "Barely Breathing") revamped the score and now it's (off? on?) a Broadway play. There's S and M involved, in case you needed that extra incentive.

2. Neue Gallery/Sabarsky Cafe: Ridiculous I've never been to this considering I swoon at the sight of a Schiele. It's on 86th and 5th and currently has on display the highest selling painting of all tell (Klimt's Adele Bauer-Blcoheriojpaosidjfwhatever). We should go and look at paintings and eat pastries afterwards.

3. Met: The Met has German Portraits from the 20s now, which all have this creepy darkness to them. Totally up my alley.

Speaking of Eastern Europe, I applied to teach English Kindergarten in Vienna. How dope?

With regards to the six month slump, I do think it's a pretty regular thing, but if it persists I'd revisit the subject. Unfortunately Andy Warhol's Montauk estate was just purchased so my plan of buying it and turning it into our own little fashion/art/lifestyle commune (with our resident doctors in case one of us gets injured collaging) is thwarted. Alas, not sure I had the 30 mill anyway.

1 comment:

The Communal Closet said...

haha injured collaging
you are funny

Blog Archive

The Communal Closet