Thursday, April 5, 2007

Thank you

Dear Vending Machine Engineers,

I remember when I was a kid, going up to the snack vending machines, nervously pulling a dollar bill out of my pocket and inspecting the creases. Would it accept it? Would I get my Twix? The anxiety, the fear, the desire, the hunger all churning in my stomach. Then I would hesitantly place the dollar bill into the feeder only to have it REJECTED, spat back out at little me, sad and Twix-less. I would then have to set up camp next to the vending machine and try to flatten the bill by rubbing it against the side of the machine over and over again, but usually my efforts were in vain.

Anyway, I've noticed that as of late, this problem seems to confront me less and less. My bills slide easily into the metrocard machines or the Coca-Cola machine in my office. I no longer have to worry that I will not get my afternoon snack because of a folded corner of a George Washington. I'm sure you all have something to do with the remarkable advancement in the machines' ability to accept money, and so I'd like to recognize your efforts. Thanks. Good job. We're all happier and more satisfied because of you.

Sincerely,
Me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so true!

Blog Archive

The Communal Closet